10 Best Cities for Black Entrepreneurs
Business & Advertising Inquiries: [email protected]
Support the Movement w/
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Music Credit: Title: “Buddha” | | Artist: Kontext
Sources: BlackTechWeek, NerdWallet
Published Date: April 2018
As entrepreneurship in America continues to rise, cities such as the D.C., Atlanta, and even Memphis have become great places to cultivate new ideas and companies. African Americans currently own about two and a half million businesses today, which reflects a 60% increase in Black Businesses since 2002. And although challenges still remain, Black entrepreneurs are still innovating and making waves in their respective industries every day.
All of these entrepreneurial hubs have very successful professional programs, hands-on training, and Black chambers of commerce to help boost entrepreneurship.
We are the largest community of Black Excellence Enthusiasts in the world. We celebrate Black Excellence, Opulence, and Affluence as we enlighten and inspire you.
More info on Black Excellist: 10 Best Cities for Black Entrepreneurs
- Top 100 Places to Work winners had to dig deep when responding to 2020′s racial reckoning
Our Top 100 Places to Work met COVID-19 heart-first by giving virtual hugs, listening intently and holistically supporting their troops’ well-being. But how did they deal with the murder of George ...
- Black Business Friday: 'It’s more than just shopping for your family and friends'
This year, millions of Americans will have to rethink their holiday shopping plans. Many shoppers are looking for ways to safely support their local businesses – particularly minority-owned businesses ...
- How to shop at Black-owned businesses over the holidays
More than 440,000 Black-owned establishments have closed shop for good this year, and more are expected to follow suit. Supporting Black businesses amounts to a three-step process — all of which can ...
- Best Colleges in America for 50 Different Rankings
From the schools that offer the most bang for the buck to the most highly selective and ferociously competitive institutions on earth, there's truly something for everyone when it comes to higher ...
- Here's What Young Voters Want From Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in the Next Four Years
Young voters were were key to getting Joe Biden and Kamala Harris elected. Here’s what they want to see from them in the next four years.
- What is the state of Cincinnati's Black economy, and is this 'not the place' for Black success?
WCPO 9 compared Cincinnati to 8 peer cities to see which offers the best economic prospects for African Americans.
- 100 UK Leading Environmentalists (Who Happen To Be Women)
Naming, listing and raising up environmentalist female leaders - climate activists, sustainable financiers, scientists, communicators, eco-entrepreneurs and planet-saving volunteers ...
- These Women Are on the Move
They include big data mavens hoping to solve world hunger, fashionistas making Paris couture more inclusive … and a $10 billion fund for women entrepreneurs, to name a few. Small businesses have a ...
- Corporations pledge to fight racial inequality. Will it work?
Mayors and educators spoke about the importance of career readiness grants for Black and Latino residents in their cities ... 10%” of business to outside contractors, Mr. Asante-Muhammad says ...
- Tapping Its Strengths, Accelerator For Underrepresented Entrepreneurs Adds Program For Social Justice Enterprises
James II co-founded DivInc to help bridge the gap between underrepresented entrepreneurs and the resources ... program targeting very early-stage Black, Brown and female founders addressing ...
- How Wilmington is Helping Its Informal Entrepreneurs Grow Their Businesses
NLC’s City Innovation Ecosystems program collects and tracks these commitments in order to showcase successes, identify best practices, and connect peer cities that can ... realized how many of our ...
- Black Restaurant Accelerator aims to boost Black-owned businesses in Atlanta
Businesses in 12 U.S. cities will be eligible for assistance via $10 ... Black restaurateurs with access to capital, training, mentorship and other support services. “Black entrepreneurs have ...