Collin County residents were ordered to stay home because of the coronavirus outbreak, effective immediately Tuesday. But businesses are being allowed to stay open — a major difference from Dallas County’s shelter-in-place order.
The order follows one in Dallas County that began at 11:59 p.m. Monday. But it stops short of Dallas County’s order, which closed all but essential businesses.
Collin County Judge Chris Hill signed the order Tuesday, which will last for seven days unless it’s renewed by the county’s Commissioners Court.
Read more – https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020/03/24/watch-live-fort-worth-mayor-betsy-price-to-provide-coronavirus-update/
Watch more videos like this
More info on Collin County orders residents to stay home, but businesses can remain open
- COVID-19 updates: Dallas County reports record-high of 1,085 cases
For the first time since tracking began in March, Dallas County is reporting more than 1,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Friday afternoon, county health officials announced 1,085 cases and six deaths ...
- Mask order comes as Texas COVID positivity rate increases to 14%
Greg Abbott issued an order on Thursday requiring all Texans to wear a mask or facial covering when out in public. The order applies to residents who are in places where they cannot properly practice ...
- Inslee expands virus mask order for businesses statewide
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee announced Thursday that because of an increase in the rate of COVID-19 infection, starting next week, bar seating will no longer be permitted for counties currently ...
- New health order could allow more businesses to reopen in Santa Clara County
The Health Officer issued a new order Thursday for Santa Clara County that if approved by the state, will allow more businesses to continue operations.
- San Jacinto College suspends on-campus classes, activities as county urges residents to stay home
In light of Harris County's latest stay-home advisory as #Covid19 cases spike, one local #college is suspending on-campus operations.
- Texas hits all-time high for COVID-19 cases; governor urges residents to stay home
Texas is hitting an all-time high for COVID-19 cases, and Gov. Greg Abbott has told state residents to stay home unless they need to be out.
- What Does Sacramento's 'Stay At Home' Order Mean?
On March 17, Sacramento County first advised residents to stay ... order also now allows for nail salons, tattoo parlors, massage therapists, body artists, piercing shops and waxers to open for ...
- Mayors in Miami-Dade County hesitate to issue another stay-at-home order, instead warning residents to follow safety guidelines
"We're cautions so that we can remain optimistic." The mayors of Miami Beach, Miami and Miami-Dade County are urging ... or reimplementation of a stay-at-home order,” said Miami Mayor Francis ...
- Prince George’s County to start 1st phase of reopening June 1; stay-at-home order being lifted
She also will lift the county’s stay-at-home order ... even for our business community.” As for houses of worship, they can open for gatherings of 10 people or less, but otherwise must ...
- Durham’s Stay-at-Home Order Will Stick Around Until June 1. Here’s What You Need to Know.
For these reasons, it’s prudent for the city and county to move forward slowly to rescind our stay at home ... can remain open.” The Durham order will maintain the mandate that directs ...
- LIST: Counties, municipalities that reopened & remain closed
Some counties and local municipalities are keeping the governor's stay-home order ... said businesses can reopen and residents can travel and gather in large groups. "Walworth County’s Division ...