As Dallas County debates strategies to re-open local businesses, county leaders are extending stay at home orders through mid-May.
More info on Dallas County extends safer-at-home order, discusses plan to reopen businesses
- Coronavirus lockdowns spark acts of resistance despite warnings of health consequences
Dallas hairstylist Shelly Luther was jailed this month for keeping her business, Salon a la Mode, open despite multiple warnings, a citation, a cease and desist letter and a restraining order.
- Trump Threatens to Leave W.H.O. and Permanently End Funding
The president said the organization had made missteps during the pandemic that “have been extremely costly for the world.” A claim he takes hydroxychloroquine was criticized by doctors.
- California, New York, Texas governors support return of pro sports
The announcements bolster the prospects for pro sports to resume operations, although it remains unclear when and how they will do so.
- Coronavirus: LA County Beaches Reopen As Officials Extend Local Health Order Indefinitely
Beaches have reopened across Los Angeles County — for active use — even as health officials have indefinitely extended a modified Safer at Home order ... the state's plan to reopen.
- Fed chairman issues stark warning about U.S. economy
Some leaders sounded optimism for U.S. colleges reopening in the upcoming academic year, a day after California's public university system announced it will go without in-person instruction for most ...
- The Latest: Merkel discusses pandemic with Pope Francis
Abbott says his new order should free Shelley Luther, who was booked in the Dallas County jail this ... the city will be allowed to reopen starting Tuesday, other businesses will remain shut ...
- The Latest: Emerging virus aid bill aims to help states, Postal Service
Edwards’ decision to extend his stay-at-home order ... her business despite restrictions put in place because of the coronavirus pandemic. Shelley Luther was booked in the Dallas County jail ...
- Tennessee Governor discusses efforts to fight COVID-19 as some counties begin to reopen
Lee, a Republican, announced last week that he would not extend the state’s mandatory safer-at-home order ... businesses in Knox County would reopen starting May 1 as part of a phase-in plan ...
- Reopening businesses could be opening a door to potential disaster | Opinion
On April 20, Governor Bill Lee made the most predictable announcement he could make when he decided not to extend the stay-at-home order he had ... He issued a safer at home edict before any ...
- Dallas County commissioners vote to extend safer-at-home order through May 15
DALLAS — Dallas County commissioners voted Tuesday to extend ... plan for other businesses fell short on details during his press briefing. However, Abbott said he will announce next steps to ...
- Dr. Rai discusses state and federal plans on coming out of coronavirus shutdowns
(WBAY) - Wisconsin's governor has extended the state's Safer at Home order until May 26. The president has announced a plan to gradually reopen the ... Wisconsin governor extends Safer at Home ...