Mirroring a decision by Dallas’ Mayor Eric Johnson this afternoon, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins ordered bars and restaurants to shut down throughout the area to help stem coronavirus.
The order is in place until March 20, said Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins at a 5 p.m. news conference. Jenkins said he would seek to extend the ban later this week.
Watch more videos like this
More info on Dallas County orders new isolation requirements, more widespread testing
- The Latest: Chile delays several elections amid virus surge
SANTIAGO, Chile — With new COVID ... stay-at-home order last spring and adopting a complex, color-coded tier system that dictated which businesses could open and at what capacity depending on how ...
- California plans to lift most pandemic restrictions June 15 — but mask mandate will remain
The announcement signals an end date to more ... at-home order last spring and adopting a complex, color-coded tier system in August that dictated which businesses could open and at what capacity ...
- The Latest: California aims to reopen more widely in June
The announcement comes as states across the country have lifted health restrictions as more people get ... capacity depending on how widespread the virus was in a county. Businesses can open ...
- The Latest: California Aims to Reopen More Widely in June
The Latest: California Aims to Reopen More ... order last spring and adopting a complex, color-coded tier system that dictated which businesses could open and at what capacity depending on how ...
- Maine eggs, Easter services, St. Elmo Steak House: News from around our 50 states
The group has about 50 members now and meets about every week. If there's an abundance of sweets in your house right now, there's probably a good chance they have something to do with an Easter basket ...
- Music festivals, Opening Day, casino clinics: News from around our 50 states
Dover: Firefly Music Festival has teased a fall return to The Woodlands on Sept. 23-26, according to its website. The festival, which was canceled last year due to COVID-19, posted the new date on its ...
- Covid-19: About a Third of U.S. Adults Have Received at Least One Dose of a Vaccine
State lawmakers across the United States seek to curtail governors’ emergency powers. New York and Arkansas lag in setting a target date for all adults to be eligible. Case numbers in India hit highs ...
- Covid-19: Texas and Georgia Join Growing List of States Making All Adults Eligible for Vaccine
The U.S. trial, which involved more than 32,000 participants, was the largest test of its kind ... The vaccinated New York doctor who became ill stayed in isolation at home for nearly two weeks.
- Pandemic popcorn, doctor’s notes, Red Lantern Award: News from around our 50 states
Anchorage: The final musher has crossed the finish line in this year’s Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, nearly three days after the winner reached the finish line near the small community of Willow.
- How Oregon's reopening depends on testing and tracing benchmarks
According to OHA, Oregon had the capacity to test more ... 600 new contact tracers across the state. Each county needs to have a minimum of 15 contact tracers per 100,000 people in order to ...