Mayor Eric Johnson issued a Proclamation Declaring a Local State of Disaster in response to evidence of community spread of COVID-19 within the City of Dallas.
The proclamation, made pursuant to Section 418 of the Texas Government Code and Chapter 14B of the Dallas City Code, authorizes the city manager of the City of Dallas to restrict gatherings within the city limits to no more than 500 people and to require that all public, private, and commercial labs report the number of COVID-19 tests conducted on a daily basis to the City. The proclamation also provides the city manager the ability to quickly enact other measures intended to protect the health and welfare of the public.
Read more — https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/03/13/dallas-mayor-bans-public-gatherings-of-more-than-500-people-to-stop-spread-of-coronavirus/
Watch more videos like this
More info on Dallas mayor issues local state of disaster
Dallas mayor issues local state of disaster - BingNews Search results
- U.S. braces for a sixth night of mass protests as police become more aggressive
Curfews were enacted in more than two dozen cities, including Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Chicago and Seattle, and the National Guard was summoned in several states as protests intensified over George ...
- City of Dallas implements downtown curfew following protests
Protests against police brutality began throughout Texas and the rest of the nation Friday and Saturday following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
- Dallas implements curfew after days of protests; Mayor Johnson declares local State of Disaster
Dallas is putting a 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew in place for parts of the city due to the looting and vandalism that has happened after protests over the death of George Floyd.
- 'We will not let the memory of George Floyd be hijacked' | HPD chief Acevedo delivers stirring remarks amid protests
Greg Abbott has declared a state of disaster for all Texas counties in response to violent protesting throughout the state following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody. Under this ...
- State Of Disaster Declared In Dallas And Throughout Texas After Nights Of Violent Protests
Gov. Greg Abbott has declared a state of disaster after two evenings of protests that turned chaotic and violent throughout Texas. Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson also issued a disaster declaration for his ...
- Abbott declares state of disaster for Texas after protests over George Floyd's death
Gov. Greg Abbott declared a state of disaster Sunday as protests spurred by the death of George Floyd broke out across Texas and the nation. "Every Texan and every American has the right to protest ...
- The Latest: Texas’ Abbott declares state-wide disaster
Greg Abbott declared a state-wide disaster Sunday following weekend protests that have turned violent and destructive. In Texas, much of the demonstrating was peaceful, but the protests became violent ...
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declares state of disaster after George Floyd protests
Thousands of protesters marched in Texas cities on Friday and Saturday, outraged after Floyd was filmed crying out for help as a white police officer pinned him to the ground with a knee to his neck.
- Dallas leaders institute curfew Sunday after second night of vandalism, looting
Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall instituted a curfew for the city of Dallas starting Sunday night at 7 p.m. after a second night of vandalism and protests in the city. The curfew will begin at 7 p.m.
- Georgia declares state of emergency in Fulton County
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced early Saturday morning that he has declared a state of emergency in Fulton County, home to Atlanta, because of protests rocking the city. Kemp said the issue comes ...
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Issues Declaration Of Local Disaster After Evidence Of Community Spread Of COVID-19
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson has issued a proclamation declaring a local state of disaster after officials said Thursday that there is now evidence of a community spread of COVID-19 within the city.