Mayor Eric Johnson issued a Proclamation Declaring a Local State of Disaster in response to evidence of community spread of COVID-19 within the City of Dallas.
The proclamation, made pursuant to Section 418 of the Texas Government Code and Chapter 14B of the Dallas City Code, authorizes the city manager of the City of Dallas to restrict gatherings within the city limits to no more than 500 people and to require that all public, private, and commercial labs report the number of COVID-19 tests conducted on a daily basis to the City. The proclamation also provides the city manager the ability to quickly enact other measures intended to protect the health and welfare of the public.
Read more — https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/03/13/dallas-mayor-bans-public-gatherings-of-more-than-500-people-to-stop-spread-of-coronavirus/
Watch more videos like this
More info on Dallas mayor issues local state of disaster
Dallas mayor issues local state of disaster - BingNews Search results
- Howell COVID vaccine clinic switches location, type; mayor's firm continues to offer doses
Even with Johnson & Johnson shots on hold, private organizations and township officials are setting up hundreds of immunizations for Howell residents.
- ERCOT warns it may enter emergency conditions Tuesday, asks consumers and businesses to conserve energy
Officials say they may enter emergency conditions Tuesday due ... during the frigid storm from Feb. 14 through 19. The state's energy grid came within minutes of total collapse, causing major issues, ...
- Dallas Releases Latest Hospital Capacity Data
... to report the information pursuant to the City of Dallas emergency regulations enacted by Mayor Johnson during the local state of disaster. The reporting requirements are meant to provide ...
- LA Gets Another Emergency Shelter For Migrant Children: The Pomona Fairplex
The Pomona Fairplex has been announced as a second child migrant shelter in the L.A. area, in addition to the Long Beach Convention Center.
- Texas Supreme Court tosses restraining order against Dallas salon owner Shelley Luther
A Dallas state district judge was wrong to issue a restraining order against salon owner Shelley Luther last year for opening her business ...
- Mayor of Franklin issues Emergency Declaration after flooding
A release from the office of Mayor Dr. Ken Moore stated that flooding impacted dozens of properties across the community. This included streets, homes, parks and buildings.
- New COVID-19 vaccination hub opens at The Potter's House in Dallas
The City of Dallas’ Emergency ... the state at 100%. RELATED: D-FW doctors urge people to continue wearing masks after Gov. Abbott's announcement to lift the mandate "I’m going to issue ...
- Dallas Mavericks Donate $1.1 Million To Mayor’s Disaster Relief Fund
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Efforts to help residents affected by the historic winter storms last week continued Sunday as the city of Dallas received a massive donation for relief. Mayor Eric Johnson ...
- Dallas Mavericks Donate $1.25M to Mayor's Disaster Relief Fund, Winter Storm Relief Efforts
The Dallas Mavericks organization is donating $1.25 million to the Mayor's Disaster Relief Fund and other sources for winter storm relief. Dallas Mavericks training facility. According to the ...