Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is arguing that only state lawmakers can require businesses to offer paid sick leave and that it’s not up to individual cities.
More info on Dallas’ Paid Sick Leave Requirement Draws Possible Challenge From Texas Attorney General
- The Times & The Sunday Times Homepage
Get a broader perspective of the political landscape with 30 days’ complimentary digital access. Start your free trial today.
- Drug War Chronicle
Mexico responds to President Trump's move to designate cartels as terrorist organizations, Massachusetts becomes the first state to ban flavored vaping products, and more. Trump Says He Will Designate ...
- No 10 probes Remain MPs' 'foreign collusion' amid plot to allow John Bercow to send 'surrender letter' to Brussels asking for a delay to Brexit
This newspaper has also learned that the rebel MPs have drawn up plans for a second Act which would allow Commons Speaker John Bercow to bypass the Prime Minister if he cannot strike a deal to leave ...
- Moving Targets: (Possible) Delays to Texas Paid Sick Leave Ordinances
Even though it is less than 10 days before paid sick and safe time (PSST) ordinances in Dallas and San Antonio ... industries filed a lawsuit to challenge the City’s authority to enact the ordinance.
- Dallas' Paid Sick Leave Requirement Draws Possible Challenge From Texas Attorney General
Excerpt Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is arguing that only state lawmakers can require businesses to offer paid sick leave and that it's not up to individual cities.
- Dallas Now Requires Paid Sick Leave, But The New Law May Be Challenged In Court
The Dallas City Council recently enacted a paid sick leave ... Texas Supreme Court, and the Austin ordinance is enjoined from taking effect until that litigation is resolved. It would be surprising if ...
- Why the White House’s Rules for Press Conferences May Pose New Problems
“There is now a threat to ban reporters from the White House for asking a follow-up question without permission even once,” Todd Gillman, the Washington bureau chief for the Dallas Morning ... Laura ...
- Ted Cruz wins first 6 Colorado delegates, Donald Trump shut out
Of the six delegates and six alternates elected, 10 pledged support to the Texas senator and two are unpledged. Donald Trump supporters made loud noise at the conventions and John Kasich put forward a ...
- Despite previous governors' refusals, McDonnell issues Confederate history month proclamation
A representative of the group said the group has known since it interviewed McDonnell when he was running for attorney general in 2005 that he was likely to respond differently than Warner or Kaine.
Remember when every mention of Jack Straw was a negative one from Andrew? How times change (he’s doing a great job at a U.N. press conference right now)!