The hope is to move the homeless residents to shelters and provide more resources.
More info on Dallas Residents, Businesses Want Homeless Camp Shut Down
- Biden quietly reversed Trump’s ban on H-1B and H-2B worker visas. Will it help or hurt the U.S. economy?
Biden’s approach avoided an open fight with organized labor, which opposes guest worker programs like the H-1B and H-2B. Many economists argue that closing the door to foreign workers may ultimately ...
- Houston and Abilene show how to make headway with homelessness
When it comes to homelessness in America, cities such as Los Angeles, Seattle, and even Dallas might want to take a page out of Houston's playbook.
- No Address Can Mean No COVID Stimulus Check, But North Texas Nonprofits Are Stepping Up To Help
For people experiencing homelessness, accessing the third round of COVID-19 relief money requires resources often not available to them. Some North Texas organizations are helping people get online or ...
- Oceanside police gently push homeless out of tents
A sprawling tent camp near Oceanside Boulevard and I-5 that was home to about 50 homeless people was upended Tuesday morning when a phalanx of some 40 police officers descended on the campsite built ...
- The dark side of housing homeless vets in Portland
The City of Portland is shutting down a government-funded supportive housing complex this week, deeming it dangerous to live in.
- Homeless camping debate plays out on Austin's beloved Lady Bird Lake hike-and-bike trail
The city of Austin's May 1 election will be headlined by Proposition B. The measure's impact on the Austin homeless community could be drastic.
- Hundreds of Nonprofits Train People to Work in Restaurants. What Happened When COVID Shut the Restaurants Down?
For many organizations, the first step in dealing with pandemic shutdowns was just to help their participants and alumni get through the initial weeks ...
- ‘Go Ahead and Vote Me Out’: What Other Places Can Learn From Santa Rosa’s Tent City
For years, the number of people living homeless in ... totes handed out to camp residents. “I don’t have to sleep with one eye open.” Matt Roberts says he struggled to find full-time work in Santa ...
- City of Austin to shut down 4 homeless camps, move people living there into shelter and housing
Part of the city’s response to the crisis is to identify and shut down four homeless camps across Austin ... and that's making other businesses want to put down roots there, too.
- Voices From Camp Rhonda Near Dallas City Hall
The homeless people ... Dallas resident without shelter. He lived at the original Camp Rhonda and at Pioneer Plaza and did not provide his age. They want us to give up. They want us to bow down ...
- Dallas Evicts Embattled Homeless Camp Rhonda From Pioneer Plaza
Under a light drizzle on Friday, the homeless inhabitants of Camp Rhonda, an embattled community that has moved from one site to another, frantically packed their belongings in Pioneer Plaza.
- Tent City
Detention Camp ... Dallas known as Tent City. The people living in the homeless camp under an Interstate-45 overpass packed their bags and moved out before today's deadline. Tent City To Shut Down ...