“The safety of our employees is our top priority and we continue to work closely with local, state and federal public health officials,” DFW Airport said in a statement on the health crisis in China.
FOX 4 News is a FOX-owned station serving Dallas-Fort Worth and all of North Texas.
More info on DFW Airport to begin screening international travelers for coronavirus
- How Philadelphia International Airport is adapting safety measures to the coronavirus
The coronavirus crisis brought air travel to a near standstill this spring, taking a toll on PHL’s finances. The airport has deferred payments it normally collects from airlines ...
- Miami will ask voters: Should airport screen all travelers for COVID-19 symptoms?
City commissioners want Miami International Airport to screen all arriving passengers for coronavirus symptoms, and they are going to ask voters if they agree in a straw poll during the August primary ...
- U.S. Bullies China To Allow More Passenger Flights Despite Coronavirus Travel Restrictions
United Airlines wants to resume four passenger routes to China next month while Delta Air Lines wants to resume two. But a temporary Chinese policy allows only one route.
- Those little airport spa shops have a new service on their menus: COVID-19 tests
XpresSpa, the airport spa and wellness company, will pilot a coronavirus testing program at JFK Airport in New York, and is working to expand further.
- Demanding Answers: Flights From Countries Hard Hit By Coronavirus Still Coming, So Are Precautions In Place?
CBS2 has learned some of the same international flights that have long been blamed for causing coronavirus to explode in our area are still operating.
- Flying out of Sea-Tac Airport? Here's what you need to know
From empty middle seats to fewer flights, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the face of air travel as we know it. With new rules meant to curb the spread of the virus, your next flight in or out of ...
- Amid reports of White House clashes with CDC, experts raise alarms about lack of coronavirus screening at airports
As the nation begins to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic, some people are looking to the skies — and experts don’t necessarily like what they see, arguing there are not enough safeguards in place ...
- American Airlines starts slow process of ramping up international flying out of DFW Airport
This week, American Airlines started what is set to be a slow ramp up of international service from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport ... travel ground to a stop amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
- JetBlue to temporarily stop DFW Airport flying. Could it become permanent?
COVID-19 has rendered some routes for airlines unsustainable with passengers counts in the teens or lower. For example, JetBlue Airways Corp. (Nasdaq: JBLU) flies a route between Dallas Fort Worth ...
- Heathrow to begin temperature screening trial in bid to reduce coronavirus risk
Chief executive John Holland-Kaye said it will trial technologies and processes which could form the basis of a common international standard for health screening at airports in a bid to encourage ...
- Coronavirus: Heathrow Airport to begin trial of temperature screening technology
The thermal screening technology is the first to be trialled and will start ... says the airport wants to help development of a new international standard to reduce the COVID-19 risk for travellers.