Heavy rains flooded the parking lot at the marina and the Oasis Restaurant on the lake.
More info on Flooding shuts down businesses at Joe Pool Lake
Flooding shuts down businesses at Joe Pool Lake - BingNews Search results
- The Cutty Sark, maybe the last great Ocean View waterfront dive, closes this week after 60 years
The Cutty Sark is a survivor of the old go-go bar days of Ocean View, a storied and makeshift marina that's graced the shores of Little Creek for 60 years.
- Plagued by some of Charleston's worst flooding, hospitals in medical district plan to stay
Flooding has been a problem around Charleston's downtown hospitals for years. But a key decision point in the early 2000s committed the institutions there to spending 100s of millions more ...
- Pelosi wrestles with House factions ahead of Supreme Court confirmation fight
Speaker Nancy Pelosi doesn’t have to worry about confirming a Supreme Court nominee, but she’s got her own drama to deal with. The California Democrat is under pressure to placate an animated liberal ...
- The Trump team knocks on doors. Biden’s supporters dial phones. Voters in North Carolina see two very different campaigns, each risky.
Democrats have tried to replicate in-person contacts virtually, while Republicans have conducted a traditional campaign. Neither side knows which will work better.
- Kenya: Baringo Water Drowns Trade, Job Losses Up
The rising waters of Lake Baringo have disrupted trade and tourism activities in the region resulting in massive job losses.
- Tommy Bartlett Show in Wisconsin Dells is closing permanently because of business losses
The Tommy Bartlett Show said it experienced a complete loss of revenue this summer because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Hurricane Sally threatens U.S. Gulf Coast with 'potentially historic' floods, fierce winds
Hurricane Sally, one of four storms churning simultaneously in the Atlantic, closed in on the Gulf Coast on Monday with rapidly strengthening winds of at least 161 km/h and heavy rain as forecasters ...
- Hurricane Laura strikes Louisiana as Category 4 storm, battering Lake Charles area and bringing flood threat
Heavy rain was predicted to be widespread across the west-central Gulf Coast with five to 10 inches falling over a broad area, and locally up to 18 inches, leading to flash flooding. Lake Charles ...
- Here's how the Louisiana petrochemical industry held up after Hurricane Laura, offshore
While hundreds of thousands of residential, business ... in Lake Charles, which produces 1.5 million tons per year at its ethane cracker and six downstream chemical plants, had shut down before ...
- Live Updates: Hurricane Laura moves north, causes widespread damage, outages. Now a Category 2 storm
It's about 50 miles north of Lake Charles, approaching DeRidder, and is expected to continue that movement Thursday. "Catastrophic storm surge, extreme winds and flash flooding continues in ...
- After a day of flooding, road closings and evacuations, the worst may be over
The flooding forced some businesses to close ... of their home in front of Bass Lake on Cameo Drive. Their electric company has told them it is shutting off the power, forcing the couple to ...