More info on Homeless of Dallas
Homeless of Dallas - BingNews Search results
- Winter’s blast of misery brings out Dallas’ big philanthropic heart
In all her years of fundraising, Family Place CEO Paige Flink has never experienced anything like Dallas’ rallying spirit during the February storms.
- Dying in the streets: the homeless population is growing older and sicker
These people are dying in the streets.” That’s how Wayne Walker, executive director of OurCalling homeless ministry, described the situation facing ...
- In Dallas, Homeless Shelters Help Some Get Back on Their Feet, But Others Avoid Them
The shelter system helps some people get back on their feet, others get stuck in it and some avoid it at all costs.
- Taste for the Homeless has fed thousands of homeless during the pandemic
A community leader from the South Side of Chicago has helped feed thousands of homeless people during the pandemic with his restaurant on wheels called Taste for the Homeless Cafe. "The café is an ...
- Dallas And Tarrant County Waiting For Delivery Of Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine
A shipment of the COVID vaccine is on the way to North Texas. In all, Dallas and Tarrant County are each expected to each get 6,000 doses of the vaccine.
- Shipment Of Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine Headed To Dallas
NICOLE JACOBS: Dallas County is expected to get 6,000 doses of the Johnson ... And the remaining doses will go to those who are homeless or in jail. Johnson & Johnson's vaccine is 85% effective, and ...
- Dallas, Tarrant Counties Each to Receive 6,000 Doses of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine This Week
Both this week and next, Dallas and Tarrant counties will both receive 6,000 doses of the recently approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.
- Each Pair of These Pants Benefits Women Experiencing Homelessness and Period Poverty in Texas
Emmy Hancock’s brand Oluna is engaging consumers in the fight to end period poverty and supporting research on the issue.
- 'We Need Each Other': Pressure From The City Of Dallas Forces Homeless Camp To Relocate
Residents of a Dallas homeless encampment known as Camp Rhonda are being forced to relocate again. The property they’re staying on is industrially zoned, and the city gave the property owner until the ...
- One year later: COVID-19's impact on Dallas' largest homeless shelter
On a typical afternoon outside the Austin Street Center a couple of years ago, folks would line the sidewalks of Hickory Street. Garbage bags slung over their shoulders, hand-me-down wheeled luggage ...
- Combination of Charity and Government Help for Dallas Storm Victims
Dallas leaders gave the city good marks for storm response Tuesday but agreed there is room for improvement in the wake of a brutally cold winter storm that caused power and water problems.
- A Homeless Camp In Deep Ellum Provides Community. The City Of Dallas Wants To Remove It.
Lucy Sakiewicz, a volunteer with North Texas Rural Resilience Mutual Aid, expresses her concerns with the lack of communication between the city of Dallas and the homeless community about COVID-19 ...