Tesla’s gigafactory and Apple’s second-largest campus aren’t the only big businesses coming to Texas. From Oracle to Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Elon Musk to Joe Rogan, Texas has lured an increasing number of big businesses and billionaires away from California since the pandemic began. While California’s population and job growth both slowed to a trickle, Texas added more residents than any other state in 2020. CNBC talks to those moving and longtime Texans about the reasons behind the trend and what it could mean for the future of the Lone Star State.
» Subscribe to CNBC: https://cnb.cx/SubscribeCNBC
» Subscribe to CNBC TV: https://cnb.cx/SubscribeCNBCtelevision
» Subscribe to CNBC Classic: https://cnb.cx/SubscribeCNBCclassic
About CNBC: From ‘Wall Street’ to ‘Main Street’ to award winning original documentaries and Reality TV series, CNBC has you covered. Experience special sneak peeks of your favorite shows, exclusive video and more.
Connect with CNBC News Online
Get the latest news: https://www.cnbc.com/
Follow CNBC on LinkedIn: https://cnb.cx/LinkedInCNBC
Follow CNBC News on Facebook: https://cnb.cx/LikeCNBC
Follow CNBC News on Twitter: https://cnb.cx/FollowCNBC
Follow CNBC News on Instagram: https://cnb.cx/InstagramCNBC
Subscribe to CNBC PRO: https://cnb.cx/2NLi9AN
Is Texas Becoming The New California?
More info on Is Texas Becoming The New California?
Is Texas Becoming The New California? - BingNews Search results
- NFL Exec: Urban Meyer Might Be Coaching Texas If Jags Couldn't Draft Lawrence
The Jacksonville Jaguars have Trevor Lawrence to thank for Urban Meyer taking their head coaching position. The University of Texas reportedly might have Lawrence to blame for Meyer not being in ...
- Texas bill to carry gun without permit advances to state senate
This week, the Texas House of Representatives passed a bill dubbed “Constitutional Carry” that would allow citizens over the age of 21 to carry a gun without a license, drawing outrage from many state ...
- Texas Football Spring Notes: Scrimmage No. 2 Focuses on Wide Receiver Talent
Following the second scrimmage, Steve Sarkisian spoke of the wide receivers and their growth from Week 1 to Week 2 ...
- Activists protest Texas' voter bills at Greater Houston Partnership building downtown
Close to 100 people gathered in front of the Greater Houston Partnership building downtown on April 17, urging the city’s business community to speak out against the voter bills being considered in ...
- Texas football: Steve Sarkisian updates quarterback competition with some good and some bad news
Steve Sarkisian gives us an update on how the quarterback competition is going within his Texas football program. Texas football head coach Steve ...
- Today in Houston history, April 16, 1961: The California connection to two Harris County parks
Then, interestingly enough, there was the item about county leaders taking a trip to Los Angeles. They were looking into ideas for how to turn the greenspace inside the Addicks and Barker reservoirs ...
- Rangers History Today: Hello Win Column, For the First Time
On this day in 1972, the Texas Rangers won their first game as ... The Texas Rangers, beating the California Angels ...
- Texas Mom Gives Emotional Testimony Defending Trans Son at Hearing on Controversial Bill
Texas mom Amber Briggle said she was taking a major risk by standing up for her son during a state Senate hearing this week on a new proposal that would bar gender-affirming medical care for children ...
- Texas House gives 'constitutional carry' initial OK, allows people to carry guns without a license
RELATED: Texas Republicans say this year is their best chance to push for 'constitutional carry' of guns House Bill 1927, spearheaded by state Rep. Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler, would nix the requirement ...
- New flyover from I-45 to Texas 242 near The Woodlands in the works
Precinct 2 Commissioner Charlie Riley is continuing his efforts to improve mobility and safety at Texas 242 and Interstate 45 with the construction of a new direct connector to help drivers bypass ...
- Is Texas Becoming The New California?
From Oracle to Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Elon Musk to Joe Rogan, Texas has lured an increasing number of big businesses and billionaires away from California since the pandemic began.
- Noah Smith: Texas is the future — if only it doesn’t become California
But if Texas is going to provide housing, jobs, and a high quality of life to those new arrivals — and ... If it’s going to snatch California’s mantle to become the most important state ...