From 2016 to 2017 the number of black owned businesses in Texas grew by 25%. What led to this explosive growth and what can be done to sustain the economic environment that created it?
Presented by the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Booker T. Washington Initiative, this event will bring together a panel of experienced and knowledgeable leaders for a conversation about the current state of black entrepreneurship in Texas, the policies surrounding economic growth, and where we go from here.
• Bradford Traywick – Project Coordinator, Booker T. Washington Initiative
• R.W. Bray – Deputy Regional Director for Senator Ted Cruz
• Harrison Blair – President, Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce
More info on The State of Black Entrepreneurship – Dallas
The State of Black Entrepreneurship - Dallas - BingNews Search results
- Entrepreneur And Bestselling Author, B. Simone On How To Make Your First Million Using Your Creative Talents
The road to earning one million dollars in sales was anything but glamorous. Brainstorming with her team, B. Simone was forced to get creative in finding additional streams of income. Here, she shares ...
- Veteran founder of multimillion-dollar company: 'This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life'
The founder and CEO of Black Rifle Coffee Company, Evan Hafer, said he would return to combat instead of rebuilding his business again from scratch.
- The Village Market ATL Enlists Angela Rye, Tabitha Brown and Others for Their “State of Black” Series
Dr. Lakeysha Hallmon and her team at The Village Market in Atlanta, GA is especially important during these turbulent times.
- Virus, economy, Trump and cash hamper GOP’s bid for House
Republicans are trying to use the $3 trillion coronavirus relief bill that Speaker Nancy Pelosi pushed through the House as a weapon in this November’s elections.
- NNPA Exclusive: Iconic Entertainer and Entrepreneur, Ice Cube, Speaks to the Black Press of America
Like very few others, Ice Cube is celebrated for his groundbreaking accomplishments in music, film, sports and entrepreneurship. The legendary South-Central Los Angeles-born megastar is currently ...
- Dallas County demands 'white man' Gov. Abbott apologize to black judge who jailed salon owner
The Dallas County Commissioners Court adopted a resolution Tuesday accusing Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick of perpetuating white supremacy after they criticized a black judge for jailing a ...
- This Entrepreneur Is Taking Her Non-Profit Beauty School Online Due To COVID-19
She has been forced to close down her beauty school due to mandatory stay-at-home orders issued by the state. Instead of keeping her doors closed, the beauty entrepreneur has decided to take her ...
- To Fuel Inclusive Entrepreneurship, Give Communities a Voice
(For example, recent U.S. census data revealed that black wealth is 7% of ... is their understanding of entrepreneurs and their communities. Local, state, and federal governments have significant ...
- The near-certainty of a black depression
Black Americans ... researchers from Utah State, Brigham Young, and Rutgers universities have shown that these banks tend to discriminate against minority entrepreneurs. Last year, a study by ...
- How Latino small business owners are keeping their businesses running during coronavirus
Mark Cuban recently helped a local Latina-owned Dallas coffee shop with a ... Stanford research conducted as part of its annual State of Latino Entrepreneurship report shows that over the past ...
- Douglas James, Digital Marketing Expert, is Featured in an Article on Entrepreneur.com
what inspired him to be an entrepreneur and more. For instance, a typical day for Douglas starts bright and early at 5 a.m. After enjoying a cup of black coffee with MCT oil, Douglas gets busy ...
- The state of emergency for North Texas small businesses and entrepreneurs — and what to do about it
This state of emergency is just as severe and deadly for North Texas entrepreneurs and small businesses. The results from the City of Dallas’ COVID-19 Small Business Survey are sobering ...