For as long as anybody can remember California has ranked among the most desirable places to live on earth. Its majestic redwood forests, world-class education system, sandy beaches, beautiful people and global food scene have cemented its status as a proven mecca for big money and talent.
But all that seems to be changing. An exodus of tech firms has recently decided to up sticks from the Golden State and make their homes in a very different corner of the United States. So today we’re looking into the burning question – why are companies moving from California to Texas?
Last year, according to data from the US census bureau, 653,000 people decided they’d had enough of California’s glossy charms and opted to set up home elsewhere. The most popular destination for these relocaters? Texas.
Why Companies Are Moving From California To Texas
More info on Why Companies Are Leaving California For Texas
Why Companies Are Leaving California For Texas - BingNews Search results
- Covid-19 Exposes Health System Vulnerabilities, Role Of Digital Health Platforms In Addressing Them
While not all fragmentation in healthcare is “bad” — more independent physicians practices are a good thing when it comes to improving healthcare access and bringing down costs, for example — ...
- Why Some Americans Are Leaving California for Texas
The two most populous states in the United States, California and Texas, have long competed to attract companies and talent. Data from the 2020 U.S. census show that Texas is drawing more people, ...
- Silicon Valley saved California during Covid, but people still want to leave
Blockbuster IPOs and tech bull market lifted California's economy during the Covid pandemic even as challenges facing the state piled up.
- Caitlyn Jenner: I've watched California crumble right before my eyes
Now, in just mere moments, California gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner will join us for her first exclusive interview. Tonight, we're in beautiful Southern California, where some might say the ...
- The nation's food supply depends on farmworkers. Why are so many still unvaccinated?
Farmworkers are among the hardest essential workers to get vaccinated because of work hours, immigration status, language, mobility and other reasons.
- Texit: Why are some tech companies leaving for Texas?
But Texit is shorthand for the much-discussed departure (in the media, anyway) of tech companies and workers from California to Texas, in search of A Better Quality of Life. Because what says improved ...
- POLITICO Playbook: Why Biden's next 100 days will be harder
More from Alex Isenstadt and Ally Mutnick on some truly dirty last-minute politics: “‘Disgusting’ robocall accuses Texas candidate Wright of causing husband’s death” The first 100 days of the Biden ...
- The Case For California: Why Stories About The Golden State’s Demise Are Overblown
Here are the hard facts about why the Golden State will continue to reign supreme in technology, entertainment, agriculture and other vital industries.
- Despite some companies leaving, California set to remain as tech capital
They are all born out of the state of California. While the industry is becoming more competitive with some companies leaving for other ... moving from California to Texas, because "California ...
- Behind the deal: Fort Worth company explains why it left California
The latest company to leave California for North Texas is telling a very familiar tale as to why. Like many companies that have come before it, manufacturer Flannery Trim says real estate costs ...