The Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business at the University of Dallas held the fall 2018 Women in Business Leadership Panel and Networking Event.
Participants heard from Dallas/Fort Worth’s top female leaders and executives as they shared insights and tips for overcoming the Imposter Syndrome.
Lara Kent, Vice President, Holmes Murphy & Associates
Martha May, Executive Vice President of People & Inclusion, Freeman Co.
Lisa Truppa, Assistant Vice President Technology, AT&T
Julie Weber, Vice President & Chief People Officer, Southwest Airlines
Beverly Goulet, Former Executive Vice President & Chief Integration Officer, American Airlines
More info on Women in Business Leadership: Imposter Syndrome
Women in Business Leadership: Imposter Syndrome - BingNews Search results
- Women in search: Why allies and networking are critical
There is an onus on women to lean in in a culture, frequently, that doesn’t welcome that leaning in at all. And so you have to do twice the work, you have to lean in twice as hard. And in the face of ...
- It’s never been lonelier at the top: UK business leaders put on a brave face leading through COVID-19
Many have had to make difficult decisions regarding the future of their business and workforce ... Over a quarter (27%) of leaders say they have experienced imposter syndrome during this period. More ...
- Boiling points: 8 ways in which The Leadership reveals STEMM’s gender problems
There’s no shortage of barriers that ensure that the upper ranks of STEMM are majority male. The acclaimed documentary The Leadership takes a long, hard look at the challenges facing women in science ...
- The Best Workplaces for Women are expanding the turf for women in finance
Finance has typically not been welcoming to women. But the “boys club” of yesterday is changing. A sign of the times: Financial firms rule this year’s list of Best Workplaces for Women. Nine ...
- How To Brag About Yourself At Work, According To Author And PR Expert Meredith Fineman
If the thought of talking about yourself makes your skin want to crawl, then Meredith Fineman is someone you need to know. She'll teach you everything you need to learn about how to Bag Better.
- Why so many women in tech get told they’re ‘not strategic’
A female tech executive breaks down what’s really going on when qualified women are hit with this often-bogus claim.
- You May Have Impostor Syndrome
I know that someone with impostor syndrome, because they always feel the need to improve, will push toward a better state of affairs — both for themselves, and for the business. For whatever ...
- 45% of women business leaders say it's difficult for women to speak up in virtual meetings
In the recent survey of 1,100 U.S. working adults over the age of 18, Catalyst, a nonprofit that works to accelerate women into leadership ... feel symptoms of imposter syndrome or like she ...
- Why every woman in business should write her own book
Women feel they suffer from imposter syndrome, and they’ll more likely to be ... are trying to hold our own in a man’s world.” When it comes to business books, topics like leadership is naturally ...
- Imposter syndrome as a minority in the tech and design world
Women of all races make up less than ... to increase confidence and gradually stifle the imposter syndrome mindset. A 2016 Harvard Business Review survey found that company mentor programs can ...