Economic development dollars up for grabs to encourage nonprofits to sow solutions.
More info on Food Deserts Are A Big Problem In Dallas
Food Deserts Are A Big Problem In Dallas - BingNews Search results
- The End Is Nearer for ‘Forever Chemicals’ in Food Wrappers
Your takeout may come with a dose of chemicals known as PFAS—but the FDA’s push to get rid of some of them will take five years.
- Out of work and with families to feed, some Americans are lining up at food banks for the first time in their lives
Food assistance programs across the country are preparing for another spike in need with federal unemployment benefits ending.
- DoorDash just opened 8 US convenience stores that can deliver household items, spices, and other corner store essentials to you in 30 minutes
The stores, dubbed DashMarts, are now available in cities like Chicago, Dallas, and Pheonix as DoorDash continues to see success during the pandemic.
- Climate change to steepen food prices
Food prices could increase while farmers are paid less for their produce as climate shocks deepen problems in Sub-Saharan Africa's struggling food systems, an agricultural researcher says.
- Food drive aims to combat food insecurity among college kids
This Spring, the problem got worse thanks to COVID-19 ... She says Columbia College lies in a food desert, located in the 29203 zip code. She explained how many students don't have any means of ...
- Royce West’s Rich Minority Underdog Line Only Works in Dallas
The best shot Royce West or anybody else in leadership in Dallas ever had at creating jobs in the employment desert of southern Dallas came in 2009 when a national warehousing and shipping company ...
- Man creates micro farms to help with northeast Oklahoma City food desert
“Green tomatoes are big out here. I didn’t know they were so big out here,” he said. He is working to provide a community garden for the those living in this food desert. “We feel if we ...
- Milwaukee has a problem with food insecurity. Urban agriculture can be part of the answer.
Urban farming is one way to help replenish food deserts in Milwaukee's impoverished ... where growing food and farming was a big part of their ancestors' lives. But some families have lost the ...
- North Texas restaurants received at least $473 million in federal loans, but is that enough to save them?
Montlake Cut and Desert Racer, which received $2 million to $5 million. Fast food restaurants, medical offices and legal firms were among the thousands of North Texas companies that pulled in at ...
- 'Food deserts' a problem in Houston
"Is this healthy?" we asked. "No, no it's not," Billups replied. "In Houston, food deserts are a big problem. We have more food deserts than other metropolitan cities in the U.S.," Laura Spanjian ...