Watch more videos like this
More info on Is there really an underground mall in downtown Dallas?
- Skipper: Is there a better name besides 'Hollywoodland?'
It’s not fair to criticize a name without coming up with a better one. So, readers, help me out. If you could pick a name for the new entertainment center, what would you call it? Meanwhile, while ...
- Why Uber and Lyft prices are going up — and how you can get around for less
Even when he moved to Chicago, Uber rides to and from his office were within his budget at around $23 each way. Nowadays, he’s paying closer to $32 a ride, an amount that works out to nearly $1,300 a ...
- 10 Cities for Vacations Without a Car
If you’re planning a metropolitan getaway this summer, you’ll want to be sure to pick a destination that doesn’t require a car. The reason? In addition to all the other ways COVID has changed travel, ...
- Valley Boulevard, L.A.'s Chinese main street, was a ghost town in 2020. Can it bounce back?
As vaccinations picked up and case counts dropped, Valley Boulevard has slowly come back to life. Locals are starting to gravitate to their favorite noodle eatery or dim sum diner.
- 12 of the best city parks in Dallas, Texas
From historic plazas and haunted lakes to gathering places for yoga and golf to perfect picnic or a photo spots, these are our favorite Dallas parks.
- Beloved Santa Fe Cookie Co. plans to reopen in new Denver location
Santa Fe Cooking Company, formerly on the 16th Street Mall, closed during the pandemic but will open a new Denver location, Alexis McLean says ...
- TX: Can a rapid bus line on Lancaster transform these east Fort Worth neighborhoods?
The city and Trinity Metro are developing a plan for how the future bus line on the corridor would work and what the development it spurs to should look like.
- New Leaders of Downtown Group to Focus on Affordable Housing, Safety
“We want to get people back Downtown, and I think it’s going to happen really ... “There were some things that just had to be done,” Taylor said, referring to the need to replace City ...
- A year after looting broke out in Chicago, business owners tell of heartbreak, but also community support
Kim / Chicago Tribune) After looting broke out downtown ... eyed thinking about it,” she said. Dallas said she lost “at least $10,000, because there was a lot of purses, a lot of outfits ...
- 'There are no criminals there': Community activists push for Atlanta to close the city jail
This investigation looks at all sides of the argument to close or keep the city detention center. After years of the debate, where are we now?
- Deep Ellum’s Difficult Dance Between Preservation and Development
Dallas property tax records ... to eat away at the collection here and there, you lose the coherence of all the buildings and how they make this really unique urban district.