Governor Greg Abbott holds a news conference on Tuesday, April 21, 2020, regarding the current update on coronavirus testing, positive cases, and recoveries.
He also discussed the plans to reopen the state and get Texans back to work, including a special website – http://workintexas.com where half a million jobs are available in the state.
Watch more videos like this
More info on Texas Governor Greg Abbott gives update on coronavirus testing, reopening the state
- COVID cases haven't surged since Abbott lifted mask order. Experts warn it's too soon to celebrate.
Greg Abbott ended virtually all statewide restrictions ... the pandemic is especially not the time to let up on testing. King said Texas’ plan to provide state-licensed summer camps with COVID-19 ...
- When it comes to COVID-19, what's the matter with Maryland?
Gov. Larry Hogan vowed to stick to his cautious approach, but last month he moved abruptly to reopen the state at a time when public health officials were continuing to plead for caution.
- Covid-19: Governor of Michigan, Battling Virus Surge, Again Calls for More Vaccine Supplies
U.S. travel continues to climb, despite anxiety over the threat of another surge. States have started opening vaccinations to nonresidents. China says its vaccines may need extra doses to be effective ...
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 6: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Editor’s note: This is a live account of COVID-19 updates ... story here. Texas prohibited state agencies and any entities receiving public money from requiring so-called vaccine passports under an ...
- Gov. Abbott bans vaccine passports for state agencies, organizations that get taxpayer funding
Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday banned leaders of state agencies and other taxpayer-funded entities from requiring "vaccine passports," joining a growing number of Republican leaders who have pushed back ...
- California Eyes Reopening; Biden Has New Shot Goal: Virus Update
(Bloomberg) -- U.S. President Joe Biden said he wants all American adults to be eligible for a coronavirus vaccine by April 19, two weeks earlier than his previous goal. California is aiming to fully ...
- Photos show Texas Rangers’ sellout crowd packed in for home opener
Susanna Frare said her family decided to take a “calculated risk” attending the home opener of the Texas Rangers, the first major U.S. pro sports event to approach capacity in a stadium since the ...
- NYC Tops Weekly Dose Goal; U.K. Set for Reopening: Virus Update
Everyone in the U.K. will be urged to take a coronavirus test twice a week as a new system of Covid passports is assessed for wide-scale use under Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s plan to reopen ...
- India Daily Infections at Record; U.K. Free Tests: Virus Update
New infections in India climbed to more than 100,000 over the last 24-hours and Mumbai authorities asked private offices to switch to work from home after the financial hub emerged again as a viral ...
- Biden Makes Easter Plea; U.K. Plans Vaccine Passes: Virus Update
Republican opposition to vaccine passports grew as Mississippi’s governor said they were not “a good thing to do in America.” Load Error The U.S. added almost 65,000 new Covid-19 ... Texas’ Republican ...
- Texas to Provide State-Licensed Summer Camps With Rapid COVID-19 Tests One Year After Pandemic Forced Mass Closures
Texas will provide state-licensed summer camps with COVID-19 rapid tests in an effort to prevent potential outbreaks, Gov. Greg Abbott ... camps can reopen safely if they follow a number of protocols.
- VERIFY: What Gov. Greg Abbott said about COVID-19 safety and mask mandates from March 2020 to March 2021
Saturday, March 13, marks one year since Gov. Greg Abbott declared a State of Disaster due to COVID-19. The KVUE Verify team looked back over the governor's plans.