Governor Greg Abbott holds a news conference on Tuesday, April 21, 2020, regarding the current update on coronavirus testing, positive cases, and recoveries.
He also discussed the plans to reopen the state and get Texans back to work, including a special website – http://workintexas.com where half a million jobs are available in the state.
Watch more videos like this
More info on Texas Governor Greg Abbott gives update on coronavirus testing, reopening the state
- City gives COVID-19 update as reopening process continues for Potter, Randall counties
Under the GA-23 order from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, the city of Amarillo, including Potter and Randall counties, was allowed to continue the reopening ...
- The Latest: Virginia Gov. says racing allowed in state
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam says racing will be allowed to resume in the state without spectators. The governor says NASCAR will race at Martinsville Speedway on June 10, and that other forms of auto ...
- The Latest: LSU to resume voluntary workouts June 8
College football national champion LSU announced it will resume voluntary workouts for players on June 8 in accordance with a decision Friday by the Southeastern Conference.
- Bars and bowling allies among expanded openings in Texas
Texas bars, bowling alleys, skating rinks and even some strip clubs are set to reopen with restrictions over the Memorial Day weekend as the state continues to gradually restart one of the world’s ...
- National coronavirus updates: Missouri gov. says Covid-19 testing is "critical" to state's economic recovery
By increasing testing, we can continue to slow the spread by identifying positive patients and isolating them as quickly as possible,” the governor said.
- The Latest: China reports 7 new virus cases, South Korea 13
China has reported seven new coronavirus cases, a day after President Xi Jinping announced his country would provide $2 billion to help respond to the outbreak and its economic fallout.
- Texas continues swift reopening, including return of sports
Greg Abbott gave permission Monday to reopen practically every facet of daily life in Texas, including bars and child daycare centers, lifting most full lockdown orders as the state continues one of ...
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott announces Phase 2 for reopening Texas
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced the next phase of reopening Texas. He started today’s announcement with a primary concern for our senior citizens. The elderly have lead the increase of ...
- Coronavirus: Texas Governor Orders Testing At Nursing Homes
AUSTIN, TX — The governor on Monday directed various state agencies to test all residents and staff in Texas nursing homes — increasingly seen as hotbeds for new coronavirus clusters.
- Governor Greg Abbott Says Hair & Nail Salons Can Reopen Friday, Gyms On May 18
AUSTIN, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Governor Greg Abbott ... Greg Abbott’s latest orders to reopen some Texas businesses: “I am concerned about the recent rise in COVID-19 cases in Dallas. State ...
- Watch Gov. Greg Abbott's press conference on Texas coronavirus updates
Among the governor's announcements: Hair salons can reopen Friday, and gyms will be allowed to open May 18. by Texas Tribune Staff May 5, 2020 Updated: 3 PM As the coronavirus spreads across the ...
- Texas reports record coronavirus deaths the day before stores open. But Gov. Greg Abbott sees hope in other metrics.
Greg Abbott's decision to let stores, restaurants, movie theaters and malls reopen at 25% capacity Friday. The governor ... the state's low testing numbers. While Texas has been slowly increasing ...