FOX 4 News is a FOX-owned station serving Dallas-Fort Worth and all of North Texas.
More info on Dallas could cut budget for homeless services
Dallas could cut budget for homeless services - BingNews Search results
- Dallas Budget Plan Juggles Public Safety and Calls for Defunding Police
Dallas Police get about the same money as last year, but social programs also get more money in the new budget plan released by City Manager T.C. Broadnax Friday.
- Dallas Budget Proposal Does Not Call For Police Department Cuts
The proposed budget for the city of Dallas does not include cuts to the police department. The plan released Friday does include funding new programs and infrastructure improvements that aim to reduce ...
- Dallas Mayor Supports Public Safety
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Thursday said he wants to see strong support for public safety and pay cuts for top executives in the new city budget that’s due to be released Friday.
- Upper West Side residents fury as homeless junkies and sex offenders are moved into luxury hotels
New York City's Belleclaire, the Lucerne and the Belnord hotels are all housing homeless people who are reportedly mentally ill, recovering from drug addictions, and registered sex offenders.
- Housing and Homelessness Solutions Committee Lays Out Budget Priorities
The number of murders in Dallas is on track to surpass 200 for the second year in a row, and the pandemic's economic damage threatens to drive many more renters from their homes. Affordable housing in ...
- Community groups urge officials to not cut support for most vulnerable amid COVID-19 recovery
Advocates in Montreal say they fear cuts to services are on the way because governments have run up large financial deficits with emergency spending.
- Seattle City Council votes to defund team that removes homeless encampments, in victory for activists
The Seattle City Council voted to eliminate the team that removes homeless encampments and offers shelter to people living in them. Activists had pushed for such a move for years, while business and ...
- Tacoma could lose housing, employment discrimination investigators amid COVID budget cuts
Advocates in Tacoma are pushing back against a decision that would eliminate the city’s civil rights investigators, arguing the loss would be detrimental to Tacoma residents as a potential tidal wave ...
- In policing town hall, Dallas chief U. Reneé Hall says she is against budget cuts
Dallas Police Chief U. Reneé Hall said on Friday that she knows police aren’t the solution to all of society’s problems, problems like mental health ...
- City Council members propose sweeping cuts to Austin police
Three Austin City Council members have rolled out proposals to shift money and responsibilities away from the Austin Police Department amid protests ...
- Austin City Council members propose sweeping cuts to Austin police
Three Austin City Council members have rolled out proposals to shift funding and responsibilities away from the Austin Police Department as protests ...
- How S.O.U.L. Church lost its place of worship — but kept the faith
Cold rain and a howling wind cut through the parking lot in downtown ... told Leon he needed someone to drive him to Dallas so he could feed the needy on the streets of downtown.