The U.S. House of Representatives passed the HEROES Act. Now the Senate is considering it. It would provide additional financial relief for a country hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
More info on Inside Texas Politics: As Congress considers another stimulus program, where is money needed?
- The Election That Could Break America
If the vote is close, Donald Trump could easily throw the election into chaos and subvert the result. Who will stop him?
- $300 a week NY unemployment benefits approved for another three weeks. Here are the details
Unemployed New Yorkers will be eligible for an additional three weeks of $300 a week in unemployment checks, bringing the total allowed to six weeks of aid.
- Rick Perry’s Ukrainian dream
Rick Perry came to Washington looking for a deal, and less than two months into his tenure, he found a hot prospect ...
- A Texas County Clerk’s Bold Crusade to Transform How We Vote
How Dana DeBeauvoir set off the biggest, weirdest, and most promising revolution in election technology since the 1800s.
- The Daily 202: Trump’s brief California visit highlights slow response to wildfires and inaction on climate change
He will receive a briefing in McClellan Park on the wildfires that are devastating the region and speak at a ceremony recognizing the California National Guard. At 12:40 p.m., he is scheduled to be ...
- Peter Navarro on what to expect from the economy this fall
Also ahead, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro is here to set the record straight on the administration's handling of COVID-19, with new documents that show the president's actions taken. And the ...
- Today’s Premium Stories
One reason Congress ... Protection Program (PPP), which offered loans to small businesses and forgave the debt if firms held on to their employees. The House bill included general stimulus checks ...
- Rick Perry was trying to help friends cash in on a big gas deal while accidentally getting Trump impeached
Rick Perry came to Washington looking for a deal, and less than two months into his tenure as energy secretary, he found a hot prospect. It was April 19, 2017, and Perry, the former Texas governor, ...
- As Trump Pressured Ukraine, Rick Perry Cut Deals For Friends That Could Be Worth Billions
This story first appeared at ProPublica, Time and WNYC. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The ...
- Outdoor dining not as easy as it looks
“We ran out of [Paycheck Protection Program] money weeks ago ... fear will be a matter of politics. Regardless, Puffer’s business partner points to another form of government reli ef ...
- Today’s Premium Stories
Rethink the news: Reducing news to hard lines and side-taking leaves a lot of the story untold. Progress comes from challenging what we hear and considering different views.