The U.S. House of Representatives passed the HEROES Act. Now the Senate is considering it. It would provide additional financial relief for a country hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
More info on Inside Texas Politics: As Congress considers another stimulus program, where is money needed?
- Live Updates: Biden Agrees to Bipartisan Group’s Infrastructure Plan, Saying ‘We Have a Deal’
The plan is expected to increase federal spending by nearly $600 billion but leave many of President Biden’s economic proposals, including investments in child care and much of his climate agenda, for ...
- Independent Watchdog Launches Inquiry into Trump-Era Seizure of Lawmakers’ Data
The announcement from the Justice Department’s independent inspector general followed one by Senate Democrats, who announced that they would open their own investigation into the Trump Justice ...
- COVID-19 Exposed the Faults in America’s Elder Care System. This Is Our Best Shot to Fix Them
For the American public, one of the first signs of the COVID-19 pandemic to come was a tragedy at a nursing home near Seattle. On Feb. 29, 2020, officials from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and ...
- Today’s Premium Stories
Reducing news to hard lines and side-taking leaves a lot of the story untold. Progress comes from challenging what we hear and considering different views.
- Lobster costs roll higher, beach rentals sell out, skiing ramps up: News from around our 50 states
Black pastors push voting rights bills in Georgia, Morgan Freeman backs policing reforms in Mississippi, and more ...
- Coronavirus live updates: California officially adopts CDC mask rules
The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts.