In this episode of Inside Texas Politics, we sit down for a one-on-one interview with Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders. We also discuss Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner endorsing Michael Bloomberg for president ahead of Super Tuesday.
More info on Inside Texas Politics: Bernie Sanders comes to North Texas
- Biden Says It Is ‘Time for America’s Troops to Come Home’ From Afghanistan
NATO allies are looking to follow the president’s lead. The Biden administration is set to announce on Thursday a string of long-awaited measures against Russia.
- San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg is a normal guy asking for a third term
Heading to San Antonio’s Southwest Side for some door-to-door campaigning, Mayor Ron Nirenberg has a particular date in mind. April 19 is the start of early voting. Then there’s May 1, Election Day, ...
- Biden takes on Dems’ ‘Mission Impossible’: Revitalizing coal country
Despite deep skepticism from union allies, Democrats are determined to make their “Just Transition” away from fossil fuels work.
- Garcia: North Side challenger brands councilman a 'socialist neighbor'
When John Courage ran for City Council in 2017, he promised to represent his North Side district not as an ideologue, but as someone committed to serving the needs of his constituents. Courage kept ...
- The Trailer: Worried incumbents, MAGA celebrities, stingy corporations: Winners and losers of the first fundraising quarter
A first look at the fundraising quarter, a guide to the growing number of Trump administration think tanks, and candidates pile into swing state Senate races.
- The GOP-Big Business Divorce Goes Deeper Than You Think
It’s not just about voting rights; it’s that businesses and the Republican Party increasingly care about incompatible things, says Jeffrey Sonnenfeld.
- Following the Money in Dallas City Council Campaigns
Earlier this month, over 50 candidates in 14 contested Council races had to file their latest campaign finance reports, documenting their fundraising and spending over the last several months. And a ...
- Lawmakers Divided Over Biden’s Plan to Withdraw All Troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11
The decision will keep more than 3,000 American troops in Afghanistan beyond the May 1 deadline that was announced under the Trump administration.
- House ethics committee opens Matt Gaetz misconduct investigation – as it happened
An $86.9m contract with Endeavors Inc, announced last month, will provide roughly 1,200 beds in Texas and Arizona ... but Jacobson said that was not a factor in her decision. Senator Bernie Sanders, ...
- The Sullivan Model
Profile: The Sullivan Model The Sullivan Model... Jake Sullivan speaks alongside President-elect Joe Biden at the Queen Theater in Wilmington, Delaware, Nov. 24, 2020. Carolyn Kaster/AP Jake Sullivan, ...
- The Trailer: Democrats are bracing for primary fights. Does the left have a plan?
The highest-spending Democrat in Texas's 6th Congressional District ... I don't think many people on the left are saying absolutely nothing will come out of the Democratic Party,” former Bernie ...
- 'Trojan horse': Republicans say moderate Biden has ceded all control to radical left
“What I see are the fingerprints of Bernie Sanders and AOC on almost every policy that comes from the White House,” said Sen ... s agenda on recent visits to Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. “There is ...