The machines are so different from the old ones that Dallas’ elections administrator Toni Pippins-Poole came on Inside Texas Politics to demonstrate how they work.
More info on Inside Texas Politics: New voting machines coming to Dallas County
- The New Face of Trumpism in Texas
Last year, President Donald Trump’s popularity among Texans was flagging, and Democrats in the state, who hoped to take control of the Texas House and win several congressional seats, thought diverse ...
- How the corporate backlash to Georgia’s new voting law is shaping other fights around the country over access to the polls
Business interests and voting rights activists are gearing up to fight GOP-backed voting measures under consideration in states such as Texas, Florida, Michigan and Arizona.
- Texas Republicans say proposed voting restrictions are color blind, many see 'Jim Crow in a tuxedo'
Harris County had set up a day of 24-hour voting to make it ... President Michael Sorrell and Dallas Mavericks CEO Cynt Marshall. READ MORE: Texas Senate approves bill to stop social media companies ...
- Texas Republicans say their proposed voting restrictions are color blind. But many see "Jim Crow in a tuxedo."
An outraged Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick castigated those implying that GOP efforts to restrict Texas voting are racist. But the state has a history of marginalizing voters of color, and many business leaders ...
- Second Gaetz Aide Said to Have Quit Amid Widening Investigation
Boehner says Clinton impeachment was a political ... voting restrictions bill in Dallas on Thursday.Credit...Cooper Neill for The New York Times An expansive bill introducing a rash of new ...
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Biden goes where Congress won’t on guns
THE NEW POLITICS ... Voting Fight Moves to Texas,” WSJ: “The Texas legislature is advancing a bill that would limit early voting hours, place more restrictions on people who provide assistance voting, ...
- What's inside Texas's move to overhaul voting rules
That provision allows poll watchers free movement anywhere votes are being counted, and if they are obstructed by a county official, another provision allows for that official to lose his or her job.
- Texas Republicans push ahead with election bills, despite corporate criticism and boycott threats
As businesses and professional sports organizations boycott states that adopt restrictive voting legislation, Republicans in Texas are fighting back. Gov. Greg Abbott announced Monday that he turned ...
- All eyes are on Georgia. Again.
For Georgians, the new voting law is the epitome of voter suppression — or it’s the embodiment of election integrity.
- Texas This Week: League of Women Voters Texas discusses 'election integrity' bills
AUSTIN, Texas — In this week's edition of Texas This Week, we discuss the political ... know where he's coming from, but it doesn't seem like election integrity to me. It seems like voter suppression.
- Editorial Roundup: Texas
Editorial: A tawdry attack on voting rights, Senate Bill 7 should be rejected by the House Texas Republican senators disregarded the hours of expert testimony in committee and objections on the floor, ...