See how smart cities are rising to meet the challenges of rapid urban development. Then discover how to start a career in urban innovation on Linkedin Learning: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/smarter-cities-using-data-to-drive-urban-innovation?u=104?utm_campaign=nkq2Q4rlQQ0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=youtube-earned
— Related Learning Paths —
Become a Data Scientist:
Become an IT Technician:
More info on Smart Cities: Solving Urban Problems Using Technology
- Japanese smart city offers residents quake, privacy protection
After the 2011 earthquake, local governments have partnered with companies and researchers to improve residents' lives ...
- Smart City Challenge Leads To Pilot Projects In Fairfax City
Fairfax City plans to explore two pilot projects with WISE Cities and Engage Art to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors.
- Smart cities in ASEAN: Powering good amid tough times
Hitachi’s role in smart city development is all about enhancing the lives of people through social innovation.
- Smart Cities – a New Trend in the Smart Real Estate Sector
As the world is progressing in every realm and unfolding new possibilities every day, the real estate sector also remains ...
- Small cities are better suited for smart public transit
Data from mobile ticketing, contactless fare collection systems and ride-share services can help small cities and transit authorities gain real-time insights into their transit routes and schedules to ...
- Urban Intelligence Rising: Why Smart Cities Are Better Cities
Cities around the world are replacing educated guesses with data-based decisions that are better for citizens and for the environment. In the process, they’re building an entirely new type of ...
- Powering Thailand’s smart city drive
Hitachi commits to the development of sustainable and people-centric smart cities in Thailand and beyond. Writer: Dr Woo Jun Jie, Policy Researcher. Hitachi has redoubled its comm ...
- Smart cities in ASEAN: Powering good amidst tough times
In Southeast Asia, smart cities will play an increasingly important role in generating economic growth and solving complex urban challenges ... and experiences on using technology to fight ...
- What’s the Difference Between ‘Smart City’ and Surveillance?
Speakers at the recent Micromobility World conference debated the future of smart city tech and whether it’s actually been improving urban ... to technology in search of a problem to solve.
- Three steps for smart cities to unlock their full IoT potential
As such, cities must take the initiative in solving the interoperability problem ... more advanced smart city applications. Platform economics also supports their use in metropolises that have ...
- Is ‘Smart City’ a Euphemism for ‘Plain Old Surveillance’?
Speakers at the recent Micromobility World conference debated the future of smart city tech and whether it’s actually been improving urban mobility, or simply facilitating a growth of the surveillance ...
- How the IoT Can Optimize Smart Parking
Can the IoT Solve the Parking Problem? According to the study, the Internet of Things and deep learning can be used in the planning of smart cities, which could gradually tackle urban mobility ...